Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cards for printing photos

Real Name
    Joanne

Cards for printing photos

Hello

Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a good quality, pre scored card for printing photos on an Epson printer? Would like envelopes and cellophane sleeves for these as well. Doesn't have to be top of the line but not low quality either....

Live in Canada so would like to order online for shipping in Canada.

Thanks!

Joanne

Real Name
    Dan

Cards for printing photos

I don't use scored cards. I use card stock already cut to the size I want. I use Red River stock. The make it from a variety of photo papers, and they sell a sampler pack so that you can try a bunch. I settled on their Polar Matte. It makes stunning cards.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Cards for printing photos

You might want to check out Avery-Dennison's catalogue. While they are primarily a label company, they do produce card stock for printers and are definitely available in Canada.

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Pro...Cards/?Ns=Rank

Re: Cards for printing photos

I have produced printed cards like this in the past.

Just printed on normal good quality photo paper (A4 for me) but the image needs to be perfectly positioned. I used a Desktop Publishing Programme. Then simply scored the paper, after printing, with my rotary trimmer which has this option.

Purchased cellophane bags from a craft shop. Added a correct size envelope and the whole pack looked professional.

One slight extra thought. If you use glossy paper which has a waxy underside, you will need to glue in a plain paper inset if the cards are intended for writing messages etc.