Reennactors rehersing for their part in a Rennaissance Faire

Real Name
    John

Re: Reennactor Rehersal

Nicely lit image.

Real Name
    Binnur

Wonderful shot Richard I like the lighting. Did you make the borders in PS , if so may I ask how?

Real Name
    Richard

Actually, the borders are a part of Perfect Photo Suite, Perfect Effects 8. I play around with the various borders until I find one that I like...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

VEry very beautiful shot, Richard. I love the lighting too. Even the background suits the actors. Did you have a hand in posing this shot or you waited until you got the light right and went for it?

Real Name
    Richard

No hand in posing this shot. It was available light in front of a background material. The setup looked pretty boring until the older gal saw something or someone that attracted her attention and pointed it out to the two younger females. All of a sudden, a boring shot came alive...

This was available light grab-shot using a Canon 40D with a 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens at 50mm... ISO 800, 1/200 second, f/2.8... It looks nice in sepia also but, I like the muted brown shades of the color version...

I like the way that the older female is leaning forward while the younger gals are leaning backwards. This gives a nice triangular shape to the composition. The three sets of eyes looking in the same direction also helps the composition...

I was shooting with two cameras that day... Unfortunately, the CF card in my second camera was defective and despite showing the images on the LCD of the camera I could not download the images. It was a brand new CF card and one of only two which have failed me. Both cards failed at the beginning but, I detected the second failure before shooting anything with it. Both cards were of the Kingston brand. I have never experienced a CF card which was working O.K. and then went bad; despite the rough usage I have given some of these cards such as a puppy chewing it...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 26th August 2014 at 11:40 PM.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Richard...all of my memory cards are Sandisk, apart from one Kingston. Another Kingston failed me before too so I never added to the last one I have. I love looking at this shot...it is so inspiring.