Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Post Processing

Eastern Shore of the Chesapeak Bay, Maryland, USA
    Real Name
    Charley Simpson

Post Processing

Does anyone know to put the image you're working on at the left of the monitor and have the same image on the right so as you zoom in on the right image to work on it, the left image stays the same, thereby allowing you to see your final effect. I read it somewhere, tried it ( and it works) and forgot to take notes. I'm using PS7. Many thanks

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Post Processing

No idea I'm afraid - what I do is tick the "zoom on mouse wheel" option in preferences and then just roll the wheel to zoom in and out (unless I'm using my Wacom tablet in which case I just run my finger around the touch ring to zoom in/out )

Real Name
    John

I think this is what you are looking for.

Go to <Windows>Arrange>New Window for.....(Whatever image you have open in Photoshop)

This duplicates the image and if you zomm it up to see the detail any changes you make are repeated on the original unzoomed image.

This is in CS3 but I am fairly sure it works in other other versions as well and quite possibly in Elements.

HTH

John

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by ANSORB View Post
    I think this is what you are looking for.

Go to <Windows>Arrange>New Window for.....(Whatever image you have open in Photoshop)

This duplicates the image and if you zomm it up to see the detail any changes you make are repeated on the original unzoomed image.

This is in CS3 but I am fairly sure it works in other other versions as well and quite possibly in Elements.

HTH

John
    Learn something new about Photoshop every day ... thanks John

Eastern Shore of the Chesapeak Bay, Maryland, USA
    Real Name
    Charley Simpson

I just tried a quickie and it works like a charm in PS7. Many MANY MANY THANKS!

Charley

Real Name
    Pops

The desire in the original post was to have the original remain the same, so the applied changes can be compared to the original as one rummages about in the controls.

I haven't tried this, but, is it possible to have the image open twice? hmmmm I'll have to try this after I get off line.

Pops