Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I'm trying to ascertain which is the most stable release [of ML] that has the features I want/need. The focus peaking and raw video are features that look pretty cool. ...
Yeah, that's gonna be a tough one with the EOS M, as it falls in to the ML/TL fork mess. But reading over the whole ML board thread on the fork, it was when a1ex posted:

"... TL had a strong tendency of disabling the error message rather than fixing the actual cause of the problem. WAV recording is one of them: I wrote the memory backend to catch mistakes, it caught a severe bug in the wav recording code (writing to unallocated memory), and I have disabled the feature until a proper fix is found. What 1% did? He bypassed the memory backend, disabling the error message but keeping the bug."
That made me think, no freaking way will I ever load TL. But. My Canon models are all officially supported and maintained, and I'm not a video user, so I have no real need to. If you're on a 6D, 7D or the EOS M, it's a different picture. But I prefer not bricking/crashing my devices, and writing into unallocated memory is one way that can happen.