Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightroom tip to achieve this colour tone?

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Lightroom tip to achieve this colour tone?

Histograms

Lightroom tip to achieve this colour tone?

Minimising contrast and boosting shadows to 55 in PP gives flat result.

More typical PP

OK I am not saying the sample photographs have been processed as in the rather extreme example but the mid tone flatness and a lack of a some solid shadow tones tend to indicate that sort of approach has been used. In photoshop just about all of the effect you like can be achieved using levels adjustments.
    Last edited by pnodrog; 25th July 2014 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Ah ok, Mike and Glenn do not like these photos
    May I ask why? I liked them, so I'm curious...
    First photo - just a bunch of people with no apparent focal point or point of interest, and the most prominent people nearest the camera have their backs to the camera. And half of the image consists of cloudy sky. Nothing terribly interesting.

Second photo - a bunch of people with no apparent focal point or point of interest. At least half the people have no faces; just a sea of faces and bodies - again, not terribly interesting.

Third photo - a bunch of people with no apparent focal point or point of interest. The two people closest to the camera only have partial heads and no faces.

I suppose if one had been at what seems to have been a special event, it might hold some interest, but there is no composition element at all in any of them, and no obvious point for having taken them.

Most of the faces that are visible are out of focus, and generally everything is out of focus.

I apologize for being brutal, but I don't know why anyone would keep them, let alone post them.

Glenn

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Have a look at the histograms for the photograph and you will see that all three have no blacks. I have adjusted the Black and White points to show my sample photo with a similar range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12