Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Stitching Page

Stitching Page

Hi, just wanted to point this out with regard the page on stitching:

"Kekus Product Support
    On 1 January 2012 Kekus stopped selling Calico and LensFix in order to care for a family member. As my care for my family member will continue into the foreseeable future, I suspended my license for the SIFT patent. In accordance with my agreement with the University of British Columbia, I will no longer distribute the SIFT-based Calico. This does not mean that your licensed version will expire. It will continue to function, however I have removed the Calico download from this web site. Be sure to backup your copy!

LensFix, PTMac, PTBatch, and the PanoTools plug-ins will also continue to function (provided operating system updates don't change necessary system calls).

I will continue to provide support via email. You can contact me via email addressed to kekus at this web site domain name or use the contact email at the footer of this page.

Thanks and best wishes to all you. You have been great customers and friends.

Kevin K."

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: Stitching Page

Yeah. Figured Kekus apps were heading that way, given that he also had to give up developing PTMac when OSX dropped Carbon support (I went from PTMac to PTGui). Life happens, and personal development projects have to give way to that. I'm sad to see such a top-notch developer no longer able to support/sell his products, but otoh, with the Panorama Tools being (mostly) open source, there are alternative packages out there that can do the main tasks Calico and Lensfix do (e.g., Hugin, PTLens).

Re: Stitching Page

Also Photoshop does stitching these days. I'm not sure how it rates as it isn't something I need these days as i just put down my Canon and use my iPhone when I want a pano these days.