Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: More from the zoo

More from the zoo

Black-crowned night heron
    More from the zoo

Golden lion tamarin
    More from the zoo

Tortoise (sorry... I don't know the exact species)
    More from the zoo

Flamingo
    More from the zoo

C&C welcome.

Britt

Re: More from the zoo

Cool shots. Too bad the light was pretty harsh. I doubt the zoo is open as early as sunrise though

Quote Originally Posted by agaace View Post
    Cool shots. Too bad the light was pretty harsh. I doubt the zoo is open as early as sunrise though
    Thanks. Yeah the timing of the visit wasn't really up to me so I just made do with what I had.

The harsh light I think has the most impact in the first two images. Obviously the harsh shadows on the heron aren't ideal, but the color of the tamarin is also very washed out. I boosted the saturation as much as I felt comfortable with on the monkey, but it still doesn't do him justice.

Britt

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Britt

You set such a high standard with 'Gorilla', that the rest from the same shoot are going to struggle to compete with it. The Golden Lion Tamarin is, I think, very striking, but then there's the head cutting across the edge of a tree in the background.

Real Name
    Jason

i loved the shot of the flamingo. the way the eye is made me laugh. great shots though

Donald,

I agree. As I mentioned in the gorilla thread, that one struck enough during the initial cull process that I had to play with it immediately. I don't dislike these others, but they don't have quite the same impact as the gorilla.

Rhoads,

Thanks. I was worried everyone would think that I boosted the saturation to infinity on the flamingo because the color is so prominent, but that's what they looked like with the naked eye. Interesting note is I think that flamingos get there color from their food. In captivity they have to add food coloring to the food or the flamingos would all be white. I guess someone just got a little overzealous with the food coloring for these fellas.

Britt