Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which video camera?

Real Name
    Lex

Re: which video camera?

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Given the two, go with the Sony as it is mirrorless rather than a DSLR.
    In this case, the Sony has a particular video advantage. As a mirrorless camera, it has a very short sensor-to-lens-mount distance, which means you can use adapters to mount a massive array of lenses. With video, you will probably be focusing manually anyway, so using inexpensive, old, all-manual lenses is no problem, and can even add an interesting look. Sony's E-mount is still a little thin on native lens options, but that's more of a problem for still shooters than video.

Folks, dont you think I should opt for Handycam or Highend Camera Phone?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

High-end cam phone will not give you the controls and quality you are looking for. A handy-cam offers no significant advantage over a camera for the money you have to spend.

If you had a larger budget and were targeting a higher end still camera (Panasonic GH4 (with the additional video module), Canon 5D MkIII or Nikon D800), then I would suggest you start looking at dedicated video cameras in those price ranges as they would be far better as a video camera.

Your budget drives the recommendations I have made; which represent entry level DLSR / Mirrorless camera costs. There is no handycam out there that will give you the quality that the mirrorless cameras with interchangable lenses will. I write this as a person who prefers shooting video with a video camera, not a still camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12