That Sinking Feeling

That Sinking Feeling

That Sinking Feeling

That Sinking Feeling

That Sinking Feeling

Real Name
    Steve

Re: That Sinking Feeling

I like the last 4 the best and #5 the most. Could do with some new jeans or is that fashionable.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Steve,

Upto your 'old tricks' again and putting us all to shame

#3 and #4 work best for me, although I wouldn't mind seeing a verion of #4 where the arm leaves the frame top right directly in line with the spout, so there is one strong diagonal. It might look daft, I'm only hypothesizing.

I think I like the coloured ones best because it is, afterall, just a stainless steel kitchen sink - of a style that has quite ubiqutous (sp?) in the UK for about 4 decades - and still popular, I have one myself , but I digress; as I was saying - it is just a grey sink so one expects it to be completely monochrome, I think the ones with colour add an element of the unexpected. You might want to try some with small areas of intense colour, a coloured reflection of specular perhaps - how about combining it with the classic "rainbow in a bubble" shot, but differences of scale might be an issue.

Anyway, having written that, I had another look at your pics and I think #1 might respond to a carefully (read "locally") applied massive increase in saturation to bring out some colour.

I dunno, does that make sense? or is it the ramblings of a madman

Cheers,

Dave, as usual it makes perfect sense. I was a bit of a dummy with these because the set up was a tripod and camera on the left drainer and a flask on a stand on the right side. I am 6ft. 6" and I struggled to see the viewfinder on tippy toes. After the shoot it dawned on me that I have live view

Stainless steel sinks, Armstrong Vickers and syrup of figs are what built the British Empire...well that and a stiff upper lip
    Could do with some new jeans or is that fashionable
    Well they belong to one of my daughters, that is why 'I' was ironing them I do have pairs like that since I was a bit of a Kneb in my younger years and old habits die hard. I would probably still have long hair except I would probably be mistaken for Max Wall.

Steve
    Last edited by Wirefox; 8th February 2010 at 08:20 PM.