Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rosalie

Real Name
    Richard

Rosalie

Rolasie is a pre-American Civil War mansion located on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River in the historic town of Natchez, MS. It has been lovingly restored and contains both original and period furniture and accessories and is open on a daily bases for tours.

It is the only one of the many Natchez mansion houses that I found which allows photography of the restored interiors.

rosalie-exterior-01.jpg

rosalie-web.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 24th January 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Rosalie

Great shots. I love the way #2 is framed by the trees and the gate. I think if you could have moved just a bit to the left when taking the shot (or opened the gate just a bit more), the gate would not have covered part of the front door. In my mind that would have made a slight improvement to what is already a great shot.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Rosalie

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    Great shots. I love the way #2 is framed by the trees and the gate. I think if you could have moved just a bit to the left when taking the shot (or opened the gate just a bit more), the gate would not have covered part of the front door. In my mind that would have made a slight improvement to what is already a great shot.
    I totally agree with your assessment. I shot several versions of this image and will look and see if I lucked out by not covering part of the front door with the gate. When I shot the image, I wanted to balance the columns on each side of the gate and apparently did not notice the gate.