Thread: Back to Algonquin

Real Name
    Allan Short

Back to Algonquin

Back to Algonquin with our camera club, not many came, the rain and wind had knocked down a lot of the leaves however still some very interesting shooting. With this one I focused on the trees through the leaves so they are soft. It was not until later that I saw the shadow across the image, maybe I did see it and that is what drew to compose the shot the way I did, but I do not remember seeing it at the time. All that said I really like that shadow line and feel that is made a stronger image.

After posting it appears a little over sharp.

Cheers:

Allan

Back to Algonquin

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Re: Back to Algonquin

Very impressive; a bit over sharp, one may say that...but not problematic

Alan, overall it's a decent autumnal shot. Unfortunately for me, I'm madly distracted by the two OOF trees in the foreground. I think had they been in focus it would have been an interesting frame for the rest of the shot. I'm guessing up there in the Great White North you may have lost the opportunity to re-shoot but conceptually I think you have a good idea.

Real Name
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    After posting it appears a little over sharp.
    Beautiful light and color. That focusing choice is a real challenge and I have taken to shooting it both ways an choosing later. I would like to see a more proximal focus if you have one, but it's a really nice shot, regardless.

I post out of LR4, and had to turn off the output sharpening if going to a compressed JPEG as a lot of stuff, especially leaves and stones were way crunchy, but looked perfect on my monitor.

Real Name
    Dan

Nice color. I'm on the fence with the OOF trees. I think they'd be OK if the crop was a bit tighter and they truly framed it. As is, my mind expects them to be in focus.