Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Algoma Region

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Algoma Region

After a somewhat disappointing outing last weekend to Algonquin Park, in Eastern Ontario, I hit the road with my camera and have gotten into the Algoma Region of Northern Ontario (along the north-eastern shore of Lake Superior). I got a few shots of the Chippewa River in before the clouds turned boring.

Algoma Region

Algoma Region

Algoma Region

Hopefully I can squeeze in a bit more shooting, as the weather is looking very iffy after tomorrow.

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Algoma Region

Manfred, nice images. The first one is my favorite.

Bruce

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Very nice shots Manfred. Love those fall colours and the sky has some interesting cloud.

Dave

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

All nice, Manfred. I specially liked the dramatic sky on #2. Cheers,

Real Name
    Allan Short

Very nice with those skies, we were mostly bright blue but it helped bring out the colours when shooting along the road side thru the trees. We had fog every morning but Sunday and Monday so some great shooting along the marshes as the sun burned off the fog.

Cheers:

Alllan

Real Name
    Nancy (surprised you!)

Really love #3!
    Nice colors, and my eye just flows thru the scene with sky/water.
    Nancy

Real Name
    Steven

Love the combination of fall colours and the clouds, esp the third pix. I was thinking if you have a lower POV for the third pix as I think it might be better. Just my thoughts.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by teokf View Post
    Love the combination of fall colours and the clouds, esp the third pix. I was thinking if you have a lower POV for the third pix as I think it might be better. Just my thoughts.

Steven - That would have been nice to do; shots 1 and 3 were taken from the bridge that you can see in the background of shot 2; so I was as low as I could go, so to speak. There was no safe way to get down.

My PoV was limited by power lines running just across the top of the frame in shot 3, and I shot just below them. No such luck on shot 1, where I had to remove them in post; there was not way to avoid them and still get a nice composition. Shots 2 and 3 were taken at 14mm on a full-frame camera, so these were fun to frame up, to say the least...

Real Name
    Steven

Manfred, your third shot fooled me. I thought you were on top of a lofty solitary rock and couldn't get lower. The first shot is good, only reason why I preferred the third over the first was the POV which I thought you shot from a bridge and therefore a perspective that is a bit too high.

Real Name
    Christina

Gloriously beautiful images. Nice to see you posting some images. #2 and #3 are my favourites.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Thanks Christina - I generally don't tend to post a lot of my work.

Frankly, the past few weeks are the first serious shooting I was able to do since early June, so there hasn't been a lot of material to post.

Real Name
    Matthew

Manfred, thanks for sharing. Like Christina, I too, had been thinking that I don't see much of your work. Would like to see more!

These work pretty well in b&w too but would need some different processing applied (I just did them up real quick in pshop to satisfy my curiosity)

Real Name
    Christina

I just took another look and your images are so stunningly gorgeous that I do hope you find the time to take and share more photographs... The last ones you shared that come to mind are a bunch of deer in the snow, your beautiful bear and an equally portrait of some young woman.

I hope to try a few landscapes this fall, and I will need some inspiration.... pretty please...

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Thanks Christina - I generally don't tend to post a lot of my work.

Frankly, the past few weeks are the first serious shooting I was able to do since early June, so there hasn't been a lot of material to post.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Again Christina and Matt, I just tend to not post a lot. I guess it's just the way I am.

That being said, I really haven't done a lot of serious photography over the past 13 months (it's hard to get material when you can't walk or stand for extended periods; the surgeon did warn me that recovery is typically about a year and it can take twice that long). This Algoma trip is the first really opportunity I've had to shoot seriously since the summer of 2012.

Anyhow; here are 4 images that I took this morning and one from two days ago. The lighting yesterday was not good and I really don't like what I have to work with. I'm doing the PP work on my laptop as I am on the road right now, so I expect I will redo them when I get home.

Algoma Region

Algoma Region

Algoma Region

Algoma Region

Algoma Region

Wow. I really like these pics a lot. Very nice job.

Real Name
    Matthew

Again Christina and Matt, I just tend to not post a lot. I guess it's just the way I am.
    I understand. Well anyway, I am at least thankful that you partake in the forum discussions and often contribute your experience and knowledge to help others.

That being said, I really haven't done a lot of serious photography over the past 13 months (it's hard to get material when you can't walk or stand for extended periods; the surgeon did warn me that recovery is typically about a year and it can take twice that long). This Algoma trip is the first really opportunity I've had to shoot seriously since the summer of 2012.
    Sorry to hear about your injury.

Anyhow; here are 4 images that I took this morning and one from two days ago. The lighting yesterday was not good and I really don't like what I have to work with. I'm doing the PP work on my laptop as I am on the road right now, so I expect I will redo them when I get home.
    I especially love the decrepit house. Great mood, colors, textures, etc. Kind of creepy. The flowering shrub adds an interesting contrast to the image.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Manfred,

What I like about your images is the saturated richness of colour. I guess I am a sucker for “low key” images.

In the first series #1 and #2 are nice but #3 is much more pleasant on my eye.

In the second series that railway bridge with so much depth is stunning. (where is Ted now?)

Real Name
    Graham Serretta

A master at work. Bravo, Manfred!

Real Name
    Christina

Manfred,

Thank you for sharing. The image of the house and the railway track are my favourites in the second set. Simply wonderful....

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

#3 and #1 in the respective two series for me. However the old house and the railway bridge and tracks are close runners. The angle on #3 really makes the shot. The light, shadow and colours in the latter two give you a lot to work with in processing. It would be fascinating to see how they look after PP at home when you get back. Whether you are content with the current versions or not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast