Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Colour Correction for scanned old 35mm Kodak slides

Real Name
    Richard Davis

Colour Correction for scanned old 35mm Kodak slides

I took the time to scan 7400 old 35mm slides and apparently did not understand ScanVue and the Nikon film scanner i was using. Any suggestions on correcting the yellow colour shift in my TIFF images? I also scan magazines that publish older photographs with colour shift also. This is my first post, so thanks in advance. R :-))

Real Name
    Dave

Re: Colour Correction for scanned old 35mm Kodak slides

Very much depends on what, if any, image manipulation software you have. I use Lightroom and had a similar problem, but with a blue cast (not with 7400 slides though!) and found that using the eyedropper on a neutral area sorted it very quickly. If it turns out that you need the same adjustment on each image then most software will allow a batch process. I'm pretty sure that you'll end up with a better result than if you'd tried it with the hardware or Vuescan.

Dave

Real Name
    Richard Davis

Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    Very much depends on what, if any, image manipulation software you have. I use Lightroom and had a similar problem, but with a blue cast (not with 7400 slides though!) and found that using the eyedropper on a neutral area sorted it very quickly. If it turns out that you need the same adjustment on each image then most software will allow a batch process. I'm pretty sure that you'll end up with a better result than if you'd tried it with the hardware or Vuescan.

Dave

Real Name
    Richard Davis

I use Canon DPP, which has been pretty OK so far. Thought about Lightroom as i don't do layering or industrial strength editing. Never need to move heads around or remove a mother-in-law out of an image. I gather you like Lightroom? Thanks for th reassurance about messing with the hardware. R