Thread: Adjusting NIK Slider Values

Real Name
    Richard

Adjusting NIK Slider Values

I use keyboard shortcuts a lot in Photoshop and they save me a lot of time and make life generally much easier than using menu choices all the time. Here are some keyboard shortcuts regarding the sliders in NIK which I have recently learned from researching several NIK related books, viewing instructional videos and posting a question on CIC.

Adjusting sliders in Viveza 2:
    1. You can zero out all the adjustment sliders in a NIK Viveza 2 by clicking on the reset button - below the magnifier
    2. You can zero individual sliders in Viveza 2 by double clicking on each slider you desire to zero
    3. You can change the slider values incrementally by single clicking on the slider and then using the left-right arrow keys to incrementally decrease-increase the slider values (Thank you to davideric for that tip)

Adjusting sliders in other NIK Software:
    Other NIK programs such as Color Efex Pro, etc. do not zero out all the sliders for neutral as does Viveza. Double clicking on the sliders in these programs will reset the slider at the default value for the preset chosen. Single clicking in the slider will allow you to incrementally adjust the slider using the left and right arrows as in Viveza.

I wish that there were keyboard shortcuts to select the NIK filter set from Photoshop and or to select the individual filters within each filter set…

I like the book, Plug In With NIK, Photographer's Guide To Creating Dynamic Images With NIK Software, by John Batdorff. I downloaded the Kindle edition of this book and read it on my NOOK.

Real Name
    Dave

Re: Adjusting NIK Slider Values

Hi Richard,

Thanks for publishing this (and for the mention!). The slightly different behaviours of the different plug-ins can be frustrating at times.

One that annoys me is that Color Efex and Sliver Efex both have history panels, but Viveza and Dfine don't, so far as I can see. Have I missed something? Or can you see a good reason why they don't?

Dave

P.S. I have the same book on my tablet, and very useful it is too to have it propped up next to my system.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Adjusting NIK Slider Values

Dave,

The www.niksoftware.com website has some excellent educational information on using the various NIK Plug-Ins.

Selecting each plug-in from the banner across the top will provide in-depth information on that specific plug-in.

The really neat thing is that you can get all the keyboard shortcuts for the different plug-ins.

A handy shortcut that I have begun to use is to select all the control points using CTRL + A and then group all those points using CTRL + G

The tutorials are also excellent!
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 19th September 2013 at 06:49 PM.