Thread: Deception Pass

Real Name
    Jon

Deception Pass

Deception Pass

Decided to abandon my chores yesterday and go explore Deception Pass State Park. Taken from Lottie Bay

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Deception Pass

Quote Originally Posted by flechtight View Post
    Decided to abandon my chores yesterday and go explore Deception Pass State Park.
    Good choice with very nice results. I especially like the perspective from foreground to the bridges.

Real Name
    Jon

Thanks Mike, I find this area a real challenge to shoot from the shadows and filter the sky at the same time, learning curve in work

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Jon I like this too, very good composition IMO. I'd probably increase the Contrast and Clarity adjustments a bit in pp.

Dave

Real Name
    Matthew

Nice. I like the foreground interest that you included, as well as the appearance of the water and reflections. I should check this place out; difficult to believe I have never been there. My brother and his friends actually were there the same day as you.

Real Name
    Jon

Thanks Dave, I went back and revisited the contrast and tried out a a couple of contrast curves and it did make a noticable improvement. I have noticed a few of my post have generated a low contrast CIC, I seem to have issues with this in my workflow and will just have to keep my eye on it.

Matt, Lottie Bay works well when the Tide is going out, but at high tide it gets really cramped against the bluff and its a steep climb out :P