Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nik plug-ins window size

Real Name
    Yes

Re: Nik window size - feeling stupid but happy

most software adapts to the screen resolution, or has preferences that can be set. NIK has a very small font which on a high res screen is difficult to read. There are no options to increase, and it does not even take into account the windows default magnification factor, which most software does. NIK just showing its age.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    All you have to do is to grab the Nik window and move it, say, to the top left. Then you can just resize it in the usual way by grabbing the bottom right hand corner, and dragging it out.

Now the really good news. Once you have done it, that becomes the default size whenever you open the plug-in.

Dave
    Thanks Dave. This works With Affinity Photo for all the Nik plugins except Silver Efex Pro, which resolutely returns to the original size. I noticed that when I was trying to drag the bottom-right corner, it was reluctant to offer a diagonal drag icon. Everything else remembers!

John

Interesting reading this thread, but my problem is the opposite. I have Nik showing my image at 300% and have tried "every which way but loose". This is driving me crazy (or crazier than before!). I have shut down Nik and started again, but it seems to have some sort of memory ...... and puts the image right back to 300%.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
    Interesting reading this thread, but my problem is the opposite. I have Nik showing my image at 300% and have tried "every which way but loose". This is driving me crazy (or crazier than before!). I have shut down Nik and started again, but it seems to have some sort of memory ...... and puts the image right back to 300%.
    Jim

Up at the top right of the NIK window you will see (in your case) something that says Zoom 300%. There is a little checkbox beside that. Check that to whatever you want. That will give you a temporary (for as long as you have the window open) fix. If you want to have it permanently fixed, then go to settings at the lower left of the window. Under Interface Settings you will see 'Default Zoom State'. Click the arrow next to the window and set the default setting you want.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12