Thread: What is Left in My Garden (Sorry Christina, No Slugs)

Real Name
    Suzan J

What is Left in My Garden (Sorry Christina, No Slugs)

Here are a few garden shots taken in the waning days of summer. C and C is welcome and appreciated. The only thing I cannot do is re-shoot the last shot as the luscious raspberry was devoured right after the shutter was pressed. Yum

DSC_0013 by Soo J, on Flickr

DSC_0102 by Soo J, on Flickr

DSC_0106 by Soo J, on Flickr

Real Name
    Christina

Re: What is Left in My Garden (Sorry Christina, No Slugs)

Susan, I think these are beautiful. Love the raindrop and the way you isolated the raspberry but the purple flowers is my favourite of the set because it's compelling beautiful... Adore the focus and dof...

PS I bet your image of a slug on a leaf of lettuce would be just as beautiful as your flower shots

Real Name
    Bruce

Susan, this is a very nice set of photos. I particularly like the first one. The detailed reflection in the drop of water draws a person right into the image.

Real Name
    Ali

Suzan, These are beautiful pictures. I like them all... I like the water droplet in the first one, the composition and colors in the purple flowers and the same for the raspberry. All nice shots!

Real Name
    J stands for John

Delicious as the rasberry looks I think it looks too much like 'two things' on opposite sides of the photo and the raspberry is to far over to capture attention from the unripe fruit so pardon me I copied the un-ripe and right rotated them 15 degrees and matched the stem up as originally. To get the ripe berry onto the left third I had to increase Canvas Size and clone across soft foliage from various places .. too complicated to remember exactly what I did but final touches was cloning darker tone onto the original quite light tone with a very light brush 19% The 'black' on right of photo was very useful for this. We end up with a threesome quite close to each other but becuase the ripe berry is on the left third it dominates. The bright colour helps too.

EDIT ... I notice a few rough bits ... Sorry ... also that I sharpened it prior to posting makes the Raspberry even more yummy ... how much this is the copying of a jpg file and re-posting I don't know and leave to the experts to say
    Last edited by jcuknz; 23rd August 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Real Name
    Suzan J

Thanks, everyone, for the comments and advice. Thanks also to Jkuknz for the suggestion of placing the berries closer together and for taking the time to illustrate the point. I agree that there was too much space between them. I shall try a better composition next time. Hopefully, I will find another ripe berry before the frost takes them.