Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ratty Looking Labradoodle

Real Name
    Richard

Ratty Looking Labradoodle

Cocoa is a seven year old Labradoodle whom we are fostering and who was severely neglected in her previous home. Her coat is not only pretty ratty looking but, she had an abscessed molar which was so bad that it caused a lesion on her face. Our vet pulled the molar, put her on antibiotics and she is doing quite well...

I shot her this way because she really looks terrible close up and she still has the right side of her face shaven and a scab on her jaw from where the lesion is healing. The vet recommended not grooming her until her face is healed.

She is a darling dog and obviously has not had much loving. She follows me around like a little brown lamb and is really friendly and gentle to my Goldendoodle and all my little Maltese. We have had Cocoa for a week now and she really fits in great. She has become protective of our property.

Last night there were two people walking by my fence while I had the dogs outside for their evening potty break. I live in a semi rural area and a person walking at night is a rarity. My little Maltese went yip-yip at the passersby and then suddenly the two big doodles let out their deep bellowing barks. If I had been a person looking to do some mischief to a home; I would certainly have passed by this house!

The only positive thing about her ratty look is that she looks absolutely ferocious...

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Ratty Looking Labradoodle

She's gorgeous Richard...every bit the little brown lamb.

So glad she has come to you.

Real Name
    Richard

Hopefully, the vet will O.K. grooming in around two days or so. I think she will be rather pretty when groomed and I will be sure to post a follow-up picture.

Today, a friend came into my backyard and knocked on my sliding glass door. Cocoa decided that it was her job to defend the house and wouldn't let the friend in until I came up and vouched for her. Cocoa did look ferocious. My Holly, the Goldendoodle, will bark, but somehow never succeeds in seeming ferocious. People always smile at her and want to pet her...

Of course, a purple hair bow isn't exactly a proper guard dog's uniform

Real Name
    Richard

Here is Cocoa, the Labradoodle, after returning from the beauty parlor today. There was a diamond in the rough under that ratty, unkempt coat...

She will look beautiful after her coat grows out evenly with some TLC...