Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A few of my shots

A few of my shots

Well I might as well make a first post, here's a few from the collection. I welcome all constructive criticism. Also, I have virtually no PS experience so if you start talking fancy you're just gonna lose me.

Taken around midnight in a muddy field just outside of the city:

A few of my shots

Taken around 5am after working a night shift. One of the most beautiful mornings of the summer and I was up with the joggers in the park:

A few of my shots

Winter trek trying out the new infrared filter:

A few of my shots

I'll leave it at that for now.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: A few of my shots

Midnight. Well I like them all but the second one most. The first is probably a bit dark on the car front but that is about it.

Real Name
    John

GuentherPrice,

Nice shots!

Observations-I sense some movement in the first photo, although it appears to be a motionless vehicle. I see light trails in the background and the clouds in the foreground are blurred, yet the clouds to the right of the vehicle appear static. Was it your intention to create a sense of movement?

The second photo displays a good example of back lighting. I would either include more of the motorcycle or eliminate it entirely. Also, I would include more of the tree tops.

The third photo-would love to see more depth to create a pattern.

Real Name
    Wendy

Yay, another Canuck.

Is the light trail in the first one from a train going through?

I love the light in the second one. I think I'd take out the bike though.

The third is interesting, but it needs more punch (or something) You said not to get technical.

Go Team Canada!!!!! Not us, the hockey team.

Wendy

Thanks for the replies so far.

I did want some movement in the first picture, it is a 30 second exposure so naturally it's going to show. Also this was when I was first learning so this was almost more of an experiment.

As far as the second picture, I can already see the people who don't ride I shot it like that because I find it leads you down the path, and there's not so much focus on the bike to take that away. But we all have opinions and I appreciate them all.

The third as I mentioned was the first time out with the new filter. It's a tricky little thing but can get some good results if you know what you're doing. (I don't think I do yet) And feel free to get technical, I gotta learn somehow!

Hopefully I'll make it out to a game, my friend is going to watch tonights...would be nice to see them spank the U.S live. (A friendly poke at my southern neighbours).

g

Real Name
    Ali

For me, the last one is the best. The first two have the same problem. In both shots, the picture is better/well exposed for the foreground and that has led to an underexposed foreground.

Both need some fill flash to illuminate the foreground, or at least you need to somehow hold back the bright background so that we can see details on the foreground.

In the third shot, this is less evident, although it will benefit from a little bit of at least digital fill light.

Great set!

Alis

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by GuentherPrice View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far.

I did want some movement in the first picture, it is a 30 second exposure so naturally it's going to show. Also this was when I was first learning so this was almost more of an experiment.

As far as the second picture, I can already see the people who don't ride I shot it like that because I find it leads you down the path, and there's not so much focus on the bike to take that away. But we all have opinions and I appreciate them all.

The third as I mentioned was the first time out with the new filter. It's a tricky little thing but can get some good results if you know what you're doing. (I don't think I do yet) And feel free to get technical, I gotta learn somehow!

Hopefully I'll make it out to a game, my friend is going to watch tonights...would be nice to see them spank the U.S live. (A friendly poke at my southern neighbours).

g
    On the second photo, I think the diagonal created from the path does a good job of leading the viewer's eyes around the image. And no I don't ride but seeing only the front of the bike makes me want to see more of it.