Thread: Chicago Illinois -- C&C Always

Real Name
    Gretchen

Chicago Illinois -- C&C Always

I got to roam around Chicago/Michigan avenue a couple of weeks ago. I was struck by how truly overwhelming the City can be. It was a big tourist weekend and I was very interested in some of the rehabbing that was happening to the Wrigley building and tried to get some close-ups of some of the "concrete" work by putting my Sony Point & Shoot directly against the building.

I don't think this is a great quality photo in any regard, yet the perspective is exactly what one sees while trying to negotiate thru the people and all the bridges and sidewalks between buildings and streets. I can't get over that "Chicago" feeling. It helps that it was a BEAUTIFUL day.

Chicago Illinois -- C&C Always

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Chicago Illinois -- C&C Always

I think that does a very good job of capturing the sense of 'city'. For me that means oppressive, enclosing, claustrophobic, etc. But then I'm a country lad and prefer hills and trees and fields.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Re: Chicago Illinois -- C&C Always

Hi Gretchen.

I live close to New York City, but prefer the living in my more rural area. However, I find it refreshing and interesting to go into the big city occasionally to see the sights. Your image is great and shows the dynamic angles and patterns of the buildings. It also shows a contrast between the old (gingerbread decorations) and the new (rectangular, functional and non-artistic).

Your composition is wonderful and you achieved your goal.