Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Preparing garlands

Real Name
    Phil Page

Preparing garlands

I had a walkabout this evening once it was dark and had cooled down a bit.

Still, 45 degrees c at 9:45 at night is just not funny, combined with the humidity!

Anyway, here's a couple of guys on a flower stall by a Hindu temple, one preparing bouquets and the other preparing garlands for the temple:

50mm, 1/80th, f4, ISO3200

Preparing garlands

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Preparing garlands

Beautifully rich textures and tones.

Not sure I could even lift a camera at 45 degrees. I'd have to be lying in an ice-cold bathtub.

Real Name
    Phil Page

Thanks Donald. It was the texture on the wall which attracted me to the shot in the first place. It was dark apart from one wall mounted light out of shot 3 metres away which really accentuated it, and in exactly the same spot as where I took this guy's photo in the daylight a year ago:

Preparing garlands

Real Name
    Richard

As always, very nice images.

I can relate to the heat. We often hit 37 or 38 degrees between late July and early September. I know that is nowhere near your 45 degrees but, it is still hot. Our saving grace is that usually the humidity is quite low during the hot periods and the night time temperatures dip way down into the comfortable range of around 20 degrees C. We usually open out house in the late evening to cool it off and close it again in the early morning...

However, less than a hundred miles inland, the temperatures frequently reach 38 degrees or more and don't cool off in the evening...

Real Name
    John

I would melt in 45 degrees of heat. Two nice shots, particularly the second. Do you have any problem with condensation given the humidity Phil?