Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flash for Canon

Real Name
    William

Flash for Canon

Hi folks. I'm going to get a 5D mk3 shortly but will be continuing to use my 5dD mk2. I am looking for flashguns to suit these. I quite fancy the new 600EX RT but I know that they will only work fully wirelessly with the Mk3 and with older cameras sync at pretty slow speeds of around 1/100s: I know they will not do HSS on them either.

However, my understanding is that this only applies when using them wirelessly and that they will work normally if attached to the camera hotshoe. Is this correct?

Also if I bought an STE3 would this trigger the 600s on my mk2? I suspect not and that I'd need an STE2 for this. is this also correct?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by wooster; 14th July 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Re: Flash for Canon

I would post this query on a more specialized site dealing with Canon
    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

Real Name
    William

Thanks for the tip. I will do.

Real Name
    Haseeb Modi

I have the 600 EX RT and its a powerful flash with neat features. Off the shoe like you said some cameras may not respond to fast shutters but on camera, performs in HSS and max shutter speeds as much as your camera allows. I too am looking for the ST E3 but the item is unavailable. However since I have a 60D, I can still shoot off camera almost as with a radio trigger. I believe the ST E3 would be useful if you have multiple speedlites.

Flash for Canon