Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nikon D3000: Photo request

Nikon D3000: Photo request

Hi,

I am new to this site and would really need your help.

I will be getting a D3000 and wanted to know what you guys feel about the camera and if anyone of the users can post some pictures taken using the above camera with the 18-55 vr lens.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 10th December 2009 at 05:15 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Nikon D3000: Photo request

Hi zoheb88,

Firstly welcome to the CiC forums.

I have moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.

I know we have at least one, if not two D3000 owners, but I'm having trouble remembering them by name

Hopefully someone will respond to your request, we have a few D5000 owners too and some may have that lens.

Unfortunately, I can't help, because although I am close, with the 12MP D5000 vs the 10MP D3000, I don't have the kit 18-55 lens, I have the 18-200 VR instead - I 'do' wildlife, so there was no way I could live with a 3x kit lens after my previous camera (which had the same 10x zoom range).

Cheers,

Real Name
    Ron

Hei,

I was an early puchaser of the D3000 and love it. I bought it though with the 18-105 lens which for me will pretty well cover all I need. Its easy to understand and operate and is I think a good size to lug around.

Sorry, I can't help you with really good pics. This time of the year, Oslo Norway is without sun or good daylight (we need snow not rain!) so my activities are limite to 'snaps' ... not what you are looking for.

Good luck with your purchase
    Ron

Nikon D3000: Photo request
    Last edited by RonH; 12th January 2010 at 08:58 AM.

Hi

I don't have that particular lens, mine is the 17-55mm F2.8 Nikkor, but you can find some reviews of the lens here -
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...kon+18-55mm+vr
    and the DPReview - http://www.dpreview.com/news/0802/08...55vrreview.asp has two pictures as examples and if you click on them they enlarge in a separate window and there's lots of infomation in Ken Rockwell's review too.

Additionally I think both sites review the D3000

I hope that helps you a little

Rob

Real Name
    Wendy

Hi zoheb88: I have the D3000 with the kit lens. I'm pretty much a rookie and my photos are not very good, but I don't think it's the camera or lens that's at fault. I'm sure the lens could be better and I do hope to upgrade in the future. In the meantime though, I have lots to learn regarding composition, exposure, PP just to name a few, and the kit lens is good enough for now.

If you want to see some of my photos taken with the D3000 and 18-55mm kit lens, you can filter out any posts with my name, some contain pictures. Also, I posted a link to a website, where I uploaded some photos when I was experimenting with Web creation with lightroom. Like I say, I'm a rookie, so don't judge the camera based on my photos.

This camera has worked out great for me. There is lots of helpful information available on the LCD screen (I'm finding more all the time, with a lot of help from the experienced members here) to help me along the way, and the camera to me is easy to handle and use.

Looking forward to see what you do with yours.

Wendy

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

You can search for D3000 on Flickr and it will show you shots taken by D3000.

Real Name
    Ron

This D3000 camera review has just been released and may be of interest. As is usual with this magazine, its a very in-depth review ... the camera is well rated.
    Ron
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond3000/

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Is that good-looking gal your wife Ron?

Real Name
    Ron

Sorry Colin ... just a friend!
    (My wife is checking over my shoulder as I type this ... ouch!)
    In truth she is the wife of a good friend of mine and I took this when on a walk trying out my new D3000 toy.
    CYa Ron
    (How's the Aussie farmyard!)

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    (How's the Aussie farmyard!)
    Just baaaaaaautiful - very moooooooooving