This engine was built in 1940, and ran on the NZ railways until 1967. Converted to fuel oil in 1948, due to lack of coal at that time. Weight 145 t and carries 5000 gals water, and 1600 gals fuel oil. Now run by the Mainline Steam Heritage Trust. Passing through Darfield on way to Arthurs pass as a steam excursion.