Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: DigiCamControl

Real Name
    Yau-Man Chan

DigiCamControl

I just downloaded a free program to control my Nikon D60. Just want to share that this is quite a comprehensive program and works with almost all the Nikon Cameras. The developers are trying to include Canons too. Hope you all can give this a try and give them some feedback. It's an open-source application. Great for HDR close-up work as my simple D60 don't have auto-bracketing this program is of great help.
    http://digicamcontrol.com/

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: DigiCamControl

Looks interesting but as I mainly take landscapes etc it will have very limited use for me unless I update my laptop computer and use it in the field. Running from a windows tablet could open up a lot of interesting possibilities.

Real Name
    Yau-Man Chan

Re: DigiCamControl

I think this is good for special techniques and special situations. I used it for HDR and close up macros work. It's got a great interface for doing time-lapse photography. I used it last month for take pictures of a pair of house finches hatching inside one of our candle-lanterns hanging in the back porch. Great to be able to set up camera on tripod and shooting from my laptop whenever something interesting happens without having to go outside and disturbing the parent birds feeding.