Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Should I buy this laptop? Good deal!

Real Name
    Sarah

Should I buy this laptop? Good deal!

I'm a big fan of shopping on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving in America with big shopping deals). I found this ad for a "HP Pavilion dv6-2066dx" laptop for $599USD this Friday. I want to stay with Windows and I like HP, so I think this is a pretty good deal/fit. I'll be using it for my photography (Elements) and general use (internet, word processing, etc.). Does anyone have any experience with HP or specifically the HP Pavilion line and could offer some advice? Or even if don't have any first hand experience, but know computers and can help.

Click here for the link to read more in detail about the laptop.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Should I buy this laptop? Good deal!

I have a HP laptop. The only thing i don't like is the screen. If you look at high or low angles , the screen gets lighter and darker. I had to train myself to look at it square when i edit photos. Other than that, no problems and it works great. Mine is 17" screen...4GB x320 and i payed $899 for it.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Sarah,

I have a 15 inch Toshiba with the same screen issue Steve says, but once you train yourself to "do it square", it's OK

I have a 17 inch HP at work, it's OK I guess, but I never use it for photo editing.

I note the one you linked isn't an Intel processor (it is AMD), not sure if that matters these days though.

It doesn't say it is 64 bit, but with 6GB RAM, I assume it is. (a dangerous assumption perhaps)

Cheers,

Real Name
    Sarah

Thank you both for your advice! I did get an HP laptop, but not the one I listed. I bought a HP G71-340us. I really love it so far, but haven't put in my photography software yet (just got it yesterday). Thanks again!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Sarah,

Congrats on the purchase, keep in touch and do show us some pics soon

Cheers,

Real Name
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    do show us some pics soon
    I certainly will, Dave. It's difficult because I don't have the internet at home, but don't have my pictures here at work! I will be posting some this weekend when I can take my laptop somewhere with WiFi. Am really looking forward to some input and advice!