Thread: The Queen

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

The Queen

The Queen. Cheyanne has been a part of my life since she was 6 months old, at 15 1/2 years old, she rules my roost.

She was abused and a rescue, at 6 months, destined for euthanasia because of her bad attitude. She trusted no one. At 15 1/2, she is my velcro dog, my best and faithful friend.

The Queen

She hates the flash, so I used my 50mm prime, used available window light, increased the ISO to 800.

Marie

Real Name
    Richard

Re: The Queen

Marie,

I think that this is a lovely picture of a beautiful dog.

Your 800 ISO certainly is well within acceptable noise levels. You have your camera at the dog's eye level which is great. The dog is looking at you with interest and that always results in a good picture. Her love for you is obvious! Your focus is dead on her eye which is what we always want in any portrait. You have framed her pose very nicely! I love the way her paws are arranged.

The only improvement I might suggest is perhaps to darken the right side of her muzzle (image left) a bit. However, that is a really nit-picking comment.

How did your darling dog lose her eye? We had a recent foster who had been chewed up by a larger dog. Jacqueline lost her right eye and the sight in her left eye. However, she does very well with hearing and sense of smell. She has been adopted into a loving, furever home!

The Queen

Congratulations on giving your Queen a wonderful home. I am sure that she has paid you back many times over with love and loyalty...

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Richard,

Jacqueline is very cute!!!

Cheyanne was abused - kicked about as a puppy. The eye was injured, developed glaucoma and removed by a veterinary ophthalmologist before I rescued her at 6 months.

Thanks for the critique. I believe it would not be difficult to burn that one side of her muzzle.

Marie

Real Name
    Richard

It is horrible the way some folks treat animals, especially dogs and cats which should be pets. We just rescued a mother and her three six week old puppies who were living under a junked car and who the local kids wanted to feed to their pit bulls as bait. I am glad she is safe and in a warm environment with plenty of food and gentle treatment.

Here is the mom, despite what she has been through, she is friendly and loving. However, she is afraid of me when I am wearing a hat. That must have had a connection with the kids that abused her.

The Queen

The Queen

I have no idea of her breed but she sometimes looks like a Scottish Terrier (AKA Aberdeen Terrier). However, she's a tiny thing, about 8-pounds (about 3.6 kilos).