Thread: Jesen Crveno

Real Name
    Sammy Adams

Jesen Crveno

Jesen Crveno
    Sony A77, Exposure time : 1/60sec. ; F-stop: f/8; ISO : 100

Hello, i'm adam, i'm a novice and these are my first efforts.
    looking fwd to your C & C

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Jesen Crveno

Welcome to CiC, Sammy. This is a very nice for being a first effort, as the composition and warmth are quite appealing.

It's typical that first efforts involve over saturating a bit and I think your photo understandably falls into that category. So, consider resisting the temptation to oversaturate and perhaps try for a more natural look.

It could be very helpful when you ask for certain kinds of advice that we know where you're located. You could edit your profile to display that information to the left of each post.

Real Name
    Sammy Adams

Thx mike for your comment, very helpful

Real Name
    Mark

In my opinion, either you are not a "novice" at composition, or you simply have an innate sense for it. This seems a lovely way to have put this together.
    I'm less curious about that saturation than the impressionistic edge effects, which I assume are emphatic sharpening. Together the saturation and sharpening(?) have created an impressionistic, or perhaps more accurately, hyper-realistic effect that I think is very interesting and that holds my interest. Novices (I'm one too) are at risk of boring, or trite results. This is neither.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Real Name
    Sammy Adams

thank you mike n mark, more on this picture. This is taken in a fenced location in Jakarta, Indonesia. I saw the gate was open one day and just went in and sneaked a few shots. Originally the trees are green because Indonesia has no autumn. But, i tweaked it and see what can i do to make a more dramatic picture, and in the process i may have over saturised. But as Mark said, in the end it is the dramatic look that i was aiming for

More on myself, i know a few bits about photography, not much, but haven't taken that many good photographs. This picture is one of my best efforts so far, and i know i have a lot more to learn from other members in this forum

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Thanks for the explanation, Sammy. It indicates that you had in mind a dramatic photo and you definitely accomplished that.

Now that I have the luxury of knowing your explanation, I recommend that you consider either increasing or decreasing the drama. To make it less dramatic will make it seem more natural. To make it more dramatic will clearly take it beyond the scope of "trying" to be natural. Perhaps the current middle ground is a little problematic in that regard.

Real Name
    Sammy Adams

i will try to experiment with it
    thanks mike

Real Name
    Antonio Luz

Sammy,
    Your picture seems a paint made by a talented artist.
    Composition, colours and sharpness are OK.
    Congratulations,
    Antonio.