Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World

Real Name
    Susan

Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World

A couple of years ago we vacationed in Maine and visited the Olson House as we've always enjoyed Andrew Wyeth's work. I took a photo of the farmhouse from Christina's viewpoint as she was crawling back to the house after visiting her parents' graves in the family cemetery. Now that I am starting into PP I am trying to get the colors in my photo closer to Mr. Wyeth's painting. I'm not trying to make a replica of anything - but trying to catch the mood with similar colors. His artistic perspective was a bit stretched from reality and there are now trees in the view, but I think if I can get close to his coloring I can capture the "feel".

This is a fun and learning experience for me and I hope some of you will join in and have some fun too.

Here is the closest in color rendition I could find of his painting:

Here is my original photo (SOOC):

Here's one with a crop and some color changing:

Anyone want to have a go? Please post what you did in PP if you post a new version.

Or... Do you have ideas on how to go about it that you'd like to share?
    Last edited by pasusan; 19th February 2013 at 02:42 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World

Hi, Susan

I am a huge fan of the Wyeth family. Your project looked like fun, so I had just a quick go at it. If it's anything like you had envisioned, I'll share some pp details. Thanks for posting this, it was good fun.

Real Name
    Susan

Re: Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World

Hi Kevin - thanks very much for giving it a go - the look is great! Sure - I would love to hear what steps you took to get to your version. I know my way around LR better than PS, but will be more than happy to try to follow what you did since I am trying to learn...

We are huge Wyeth fans also - we've been to lots of the places associated with them besides Maine - Snow Hill, Kuerner's Farm and N.C.'s home in Chadds Ford as well as museums where we've seen their work. N.C.'s paintings in Wilmington are really wonderful to see full size. It was a special treat to wander around and through the Olson house - they even let me take pictures inside.