Thread: I don't think he likes me

Real Name
    Orlando

I don't think he likes me

Was at the Aquarium and for some reason this little fella wanted no part of me. I don't know what I'd done to attract his attention. Maybe he just doesn't like paparazzi's?

Taking photo's at aquariums are pretty tough. You think you have enough light and then realize you need to up your ISO. These were all taken at 12,800! So there's noise to contend with. The other issue is chromatic aberration. I adjusted as much as I can without getting that "plasticy" look to them.

Have you taken photo's in an Aquarium and if so, what tips would you recommend?

Real Name
    Terri

Re: I don't think he likes me

Orlando, I cannot answer your question on tips but I can say I this series put a smile on my face. Who knew a fish could be so expressive?!

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Must be his split personality making him so moody, he does'nt know if he wants to swim or fly.

You have done very well Orlando. Looks like you were shooting under water.

Real Name
    Orlando

Thanks!
    I was looking at some of my older Aquarium photos and I realized that I didn't have as much of an issue compared to these tanks. The above were shot at a small aquarium compared to the others. So I would say that the bigger venues have much better lighting.
    The best aquarium I shot was at Atlantis resort. The highest ISO was 1600 and chromatic aberration wasn't as big of an issue. It was there but it was easily corrected.