Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Yongnuo Speedlite YN460-II compatibility ???

Real Name
    Craig.

Yongnuo Speedlite YN460-II compatibility ???

Hello every one I am looking to buy this speedlight but after reading reviews on it I'm a bit confused??? This will be my first external flash and what has got me confused is that the reviews I've read some say that there is a concern about fitting this speedlight to the hot shoe of the camera as it might fry the camera???

Well I've a canon 500d and I would really like some help with this.

Has any body else got this speedlight?

Has any body else got this combination?

What are you're thoughts on this speedlight?

I know it's a cheap piece of kit but I thought as I'm really only just starting out I would test the waters first.

Thank you for taking the time too read this and I look forward to hearing you're thoughts.

Real Name
    mark

Re: Yongnuo Speedlite YN460-II compatibility ???

Here is a link to a thread on the subject.

YONGNUO Speedlite YN460, any good?

Real Name
    Craig.

Hi I had read this thread but it doesn't say wether or not its ok to use with the cameras hotshoe or not and that's my main concern?

Real Name
    Andrew

I am no expert, but I did follow that mentioned thread. I think you will find that most of the differences between the flash you mention, and an OEM Canon flash occur when the flash is fired off board. Which, for the most part is where you will want your flash when your shooting, but that's a personal opinion - I rarely shoot with a flash in the hotshoe.

For what it's worth, I have never read anything worthwhile that mentions you'll fry your camera by using a third-party flash. My dad uses Metz, and Yongnuo quite regularly, and he's never had any issues. Mind you, he's a Nikon shooter, so his opinion doesn't count.

Real Name
    Craig.

Hello thank you for you're post I've since read that it can be used on camera but is better used off as a secondary fill in I'm now in the process of hunting down a bargain on a yn565. So I didn't wait and I was kinda foolish and ordered the yn460 II so when that arrives I'll be putting it up on eBay right away to help claw back some money towards the cost of the yn565. Which offers more of what I'm looking for.

See a bit more research goes a lot further than just a quick search :/

Such is life.