Thread: Pine Grosbeak

Real Name
    Chuck

Pine Grosbeak

Got this image this morning. Pine Grosbeaks are very shy and difficult to photograph. I intend to keep an eye on them for the next few weeks. The red in the feathers should become much more intense during that time.

Pine Grosbeak

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Pine Grosbeak

Chuck, I look forward to seeing more images as the colors turn. I like this image although with the difficult lighting the background is distracting and the bird does not stand out well. I give credit though....another difficult bird to capture well at all and you have certainly caught him sharp and well composed.

Real Name
    Monte Comeau

I agree with Paul. It is a wonderfully shot but busy background takes something away from it.
    A catchlight in the eye would do wonders for this image as well. A little trick is to clone one in from another image. I used to have a folder with several good images with catchlights and use them to clone from.

Real Name
    Joe

Well done Chuck. Paul and Monte have already said my comments. Beautiful bird, I look forward to more.

Real Name
    Chuck

Paul, Monte and Joe, thanks for the feedback. I will work on getting a better shot of a Pine Grosbeak. It will be difficult to get one in a tree. They prefer to stay close to conifers and that makes it hard to get a "clean" background. They do spend time on the ground - (snow now) so I will work on getting a shot there.