Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Winter Leaf

Real Name
    mat

Winter Leaf

Took a stroll in the woods today and saw this lace-like leaf beautifuly set off against the white snow. What do you think? C&C please

Winter Leaf

Real Name
    Louise

Re: Winter Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by moopy goops View Post
    Took a stroll in the woods today and saw this lace-like leaf beautifuly set off against the white snow. What do you think? C&C please

Winter Leaf
    Hi Mat. Nature sure is a great artist. And it takes an artist eye to see these little things. Good shot. As you were walking possibly you took this "hand held"? With a tripod, the sharpness would be amazing. You realize that you are now hooked on macrophotography.

Real Name
    mat

Quote Originally Posted by wlou View Post
    Hi Mat. Nature sure is a great artist. And it takes an artist eye to see these little things. Good shot. As you were walking possibly you took this "hand held"? With a tripod, the sharpness would be amazing. You realize that you are now hooked on macrophotography.
    Louise, more than hooked I'm afraid ! Line and sinker too !
    Yes it was taken hand held however a tripod would have made no difference, the wind was so strong I needed to put a rock on the leaf to stop it flying away. Will try again when the storm has died.
    Thanks for bothering to comment

Real Name
    Lex

Nice shot. In this case, you might want to try recomposing with the leaf at a slight angle relative to the bottom of the frame. I think that would play nicely with the curved edges. Good job keeping the snow at a proper exposure, so no lost detail there. However, I do think the leaf itself looks a little underexposed. Might want to try tweaking the lower portions of the histogram up a little.

Real Name
    mat

Quote Originally Posted by RustBeltRaw View Post
    Nice shot. In this case, you might want to try recomposing with the leaf at a slight angle relative to the bottom of the frame. I think that would play nicely with the curved edges. . .
    You want me to go out in the snow again ! ? AARRGH !
    Thank you Lex I'll have a play and change the position and see about the histogram. Or even better, I'll do it again but get it right this time