Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Mardi Gras Pet Parade

  1. #1
    BJ Denning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri USA
    Posts
    497
    Real Name
    Bryan

    Mardi Gras Pet Parade

    Enjoyed a Sunday at a local Pet Parade. Here are a few of the shots ...

    This guy was all fly ...
    Mardi Gras Pet Parade

    Bull Dogs have lots of personality ... this one saw me, sat down and gave this "go ahead and get it over with" look.
    Mardi Gras Pet Parade

    There were so many Great Danes.
    Mardi Gras Pet Parade

    All in all, it was cold (snowed the night before), and windy. But it was great to be around so many awesome dogs and wonderful owners.

    More HERE

  2. #2
    rpcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    13,316
    Real Name
    Richard

    Re: Mardi Gras Pet Parade

    Cool shots. Must have been fun to attend and shoot!

  3. #3
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,152
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Mardi Gras Pet Parade

    Very nice, especially the first and third. So much tension in the third.

  4. #4
    BJ Denning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri USA
    Posts
    497
    Real Name
    Bryan

    Re: Mardi Gras Pet Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Cool shots. Must have been fun to attend and shoot!
    It was a blast. There were hundreds of dogs. For the most part all were very well behaved. The owners were great and easy and ready to talk about the pro/cons of each breed.

  5. #5
    BJ Denning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri USA
    Posts
    497
    Real Name
    Bryan

    Re: Mardi Gras Pet Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Very nice, especially the first and third. So much tension in the third.
    Yep, sadly the wiener dog was bearly an apetizer. Just kidding.

    Actually the Dachshund was more assertive than the Dane. The Danes really are gentle giants. With the exception of a rather large (one of the largest at the event) Dane pup, who was just playful and clumsy and 150 lbs (54 Kg) -- conpletely hilarious watching something that big try to romp. I swear he thought a rat terrier was a toy and when it moved it startled him.

  6. #6
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,152
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Mardi Gras Pet Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ Denning View Post
    Yep, sadly the wiener dog was bearly an apetizer. Just kidding.

    Actually the Dachshund was more assertive than the Dane. The Danes really are gentle giants. With the exception of a rather large (one of the largest at the event) Dane pup, who was just playful and clumsy and 150 lbs (54 Kg) -- conpletely hilarious watching something that big try to romp. I swear he thought a rat terrier was a toy and when it moved it startled him.
    The small ones usually are the more aggressive ones.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •