Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Radiologist's view

Real Name
    Bobo

Radiologist's view

My backyard as a radiologist would see it.

Birds = nada. I can hear them though. Snow, freezing rain, fog thicker then my curtains, awful light, but otherwise quite nice.

I was so intent on going for a bird walk....

So to tame the itchy finger, pointed the camera out the window to catch the small puddles of melting snow.

3 shot vertical pano mutilated to give an xray type look.

Radiologist's view

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Radiologist's view

That's a cracking abstract Bobo but am feeling your pain.

I want to wander by your window with a bluejay on a stick....hugs.

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Sharon.

Tomorrow is going to be +12c, that is how crazy it is around here. But tomorrow -------------- birds. Will try to get a blue jay as well.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Look at the roots of the tree that is second from the right. They look like they're in the ground and that the image really is an X-ray of them. The next time I need an X-ray, I'll save my money and contact Bobo.

As for the cold, my home lost its primary heating system last Wednesday night. The high has been about 25F (-4C). Thankfully, it has warmed up today to above freezing and should stay that way until I get it fixed hopefully on Wednesday. We kept the fireplace going and moved a space heater around from room to room. Our heating system is hot water pipes going through the concrete floor, so we've been doing everything we can to prevent those pipes from freezing and breaking. I think we made it but we won't know for sure until we get the boiler working again...or until we see water from the pipes coming up through the floor.

Real Name
    Bobo

Mike that is terrible, living with that uncertainty about the the pipes...
    Cold/heat we can endure but a burst pipe is going to be really messy.

A friend had finished doing his basement, cinema, tons of video/sound gear, about 10 tropical fish and coral tanks etc. One day heavy rains and the ravine by his house flooded over and everything went into the basement. The electricity died and so did his fish/coral tanks and contents, equipment all ruined. Took him 2 years to get it back in shape. City owned up to the flooding and paid up about 150,000cdn.

So be extra careful with the electrical stuff before something happens. Hopefully the pipes will stay put but if they do not, be prepared.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Most interesting shot but a bit outside my usual terms of reference for comparison. We don't get snow at this time of year, and in fact never do. Just heat, heat and then some more heat, just for good measure. Even in the dead of winter it rarely dips below 10C. Mind you, it may be a thaw point to some but I am glad we don't have all that horrid white stuff and its related problems.

Cracked water pipes in a concrete floor doesn't sound a whole heap of fun! And an expensive disaster. Hope you managed to save the day.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Thanks, folks! If the water pipes broke, the home owners' insurance should take care of it. I'm sure they won't pay to replace the broken pipes and I wouldn't want to have to survive such a major construction project. So, only the ruined floors and other material objects would have to be replaced before adding a different kind of heating system. It wouldn't be anything like, as an example, the major health issues that people face daily.

The programming is now officially returned to the topic of Bobo's thread.