Real Name
    David Lane

Reflections

A rare foggy morning in SW Florida

Reflections

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Reflections

A very nice image. It did give me the feel that the horizon was not straight...but it infact is. Love the foggy feel, gives it a sense of dreamy quite time. I am a sucker for good reflection shots. My only nit pick is that it feel to central and there for a bit static. If it were me I might try either more foreground less sky or the opposite and see how it feels. In the end you may still like this best.
    Though I think the horizon is level I still might drop the right side down a tick.

Real Name
    David Lane

Thanks,

The horizon has me a bit puzzled as well. It seems off but it isn't. I tried adjusting it, but it was even worse. Odd.

I also tried moving off of the center line. While the composition technically was stronger, it lost that feeling of suspension. I like the mysterious feel that it has now.

Fog and still water a rare events around here, so it was fun playing with it today.

Real Name
    Richard

It is amazing how deceptive horizons can be when you cannot actually see the line that marks the horizon.

I kind of like this shot a bit better wit a little less foreground but that is nit-picking. I haven't tried it but, I wonder how a vignette would look on this image - just a thought!

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

I think you need to rotate it a few degrees clockwise so that it is level across where the two boat hulls meet the water. Not sure that the faint horizon is accurately identifiable.
    It is a peaceful scene with pleasant colours.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Reflections come in very handy when determining whether an image is tilted. If you "draw" a line from anywhere in the top of a tree to the exact same place in the reflection, you'll see that the image is tilted a little (not much) to the left.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

FWIW, and as a suggestion to try out, crop off some from both the left and right. What's left looks like an island.