Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Operational Question for Canon 7D Owners

Real Name
    Terri

Operational Question for Canon 7D Owners

I have 2 specific questions for owners of the Canon 7D.

The "Info" button has the capability to scroll through 4 options - Camera Settings, Electronic Level, Shooting Settings and Off. I currently have my functions set to allow all these options to display.

Provided you have your Info Button set to display the Shooting Settings and at least one of the other functions my questions are:

1. If you press the Info Button to display the Shooting Settings on the LCD, does the screen automatically turn off when you place your eye to the viewfinder and then come back on when you move away from it?

2. If you press the Info Button to display one of the other functions (besides Shooting Settings) or press it to turn off the LCD display, does the Shooting Settings screen show up on the LCD when you press the ISO or AF-Drive or WB buttons or depress the shutter button half-way?

The reason for my question is that I thought this was the way my 7D was operating, but when I called Canon support and told them my Shooting Settings screen was no longer showing up when I pressed the ISO or AF-Drive, etc button, they said that I had to press the Info Button until I brought up that screen and leave it on that screen for those buttons to activate it. I feel like I'm going crazy because I didn't think this was the way it was before. I did not ask them about my first question.

I recently used my old XSi for about a week and it does not have an Info button so I may just be getting my cameras mixed up but I wanted to verify with you guys. I've talked to enough tech support people (I actually used to be one) that I know it's possible that he could be wrong. But, like I said, I may just be mixing up my cameras. The manual does not go to that level of detail.

Thanks so much for helping me verify how it works!

Re: Operational Question for Canon 7D Owners

Hi Terri,my 7d works exactly like canon support explained to you ! It does not turn off when you put your eye to viewfinder unlike the 400d or I think it was called canon rebel in USA.The higher end cameras use lcd on top of where ISO and AF buttons are.I presume in low light photography screen is turned off, keep screen off save on battery power ect?

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Operational Question for Canon 7D Owners

Thank you halo for taking time to respond. i was beginning to think everyone had sold their 7D's.