Thread: People PIcs taken with 1956 camera

Real Name
    Peter

People PIcs taken with 1956 camera

here are some 'people pics' taken with my free gift 1956 AGFA Isolette III with the 75mm f3.5 Solinar lens -- I usually use a weak fill-in flash from a Miranda 630CD unit a sthe shutter synchs at all speeds up to 1/500th sec .
    I process the films myself and scann with an old Epson 1650 flatbed, Vuescan Pro ( won free !) PhotoShop 7
    SVR 3 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    GI and Bride at the annual 1940's weekend at the Severn Valley Railway -- Kodak TCN 400 film ( C41 Process)
    SVR 06 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Air Raid warden at Kidderminster station, 2007 outdated Ilford XP2 Super film ( c41 process )
    SVR 03 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Some station staff at Kidderminster Station, 2007 outdated Ilford XP2 Super film ( C41 process)
    SVR 1 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Some 1940's British soldiers at Kidderminster Station, outdated Kodak TCN 400 film at 200 ASA ( C41 process)

here is the camera and flash I used
    Isolette ( as requested) by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Last edited by pentaxpete; 18th December 2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: pic of camera added

Real Name
    Richard

Re: People PIcs taken with 1956 camera

Great shots. I loved medium format cameras in the days of film. IMO, the medium format produced far better image quality than did 35mm negative film (b&W or color).

One of the reasons that between the lens shutters were always quite popular with film cameras is that they had virtually unlimited shutter sync speeds (usually up to a maximum of 1/500 second) while the focal lane shutters were limited to around 1/60 second or so sync speed. That would often result in unsharp and or ghost images when trying to shoot outdoors with fill flash...

Several of the 645 medium format cameras, which used focal plane shutters, had special lenses that included between the lens, leaf shutters.

You would open the focal plane shutter (usually set on time) and the exposure would be controlled and flash synched through the leaf shutter.