Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: River Crossing

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

River Crossing

A tighter shot with the 100mm at Roper River. C&C welcome.
    River Crossing

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: River Crossing

When you say 'a tighter shot', I assume there was an earlier thread. Maybe put in a link to that one so those of us that missed it can look back.

Not sure if what you're asking for is a comparison between the two. Not having that earlier one to hand obviously makes that impossible. In terms of this one as a 'stand alone' image, I like the composition. I would say it was over-exposed. The whites seem to be blown. It seems as if it's been exposed for the darks on the underside of the tree trunk on the left. I think the histogram could have been pushed left and those dark areas then recovered in post-processing, with the lighter area not being pushed of the right hand end of the histogram.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

I agree with Donald. Too bad really because it is a well composed shot and gives a great sense of the habitat around the river. Would it be possible to pull out some colour, in post processing, in the tree and water?

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Nice composition Wayne. I think it can be improved in pp as the others have said - eg by reducing the Highlights and perhaps backing off the colour saturation a bit.

Dave

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    When you say 'a tighter shot', I assume there was an earlier thread. Maybe put in a link to that one so those of us that missed it can look back.

Not sure if what you're asking for is a comparison between the two. Not having that earlier one to hand obviously makes that impossible. In terms of this one as a 'stand alone' image, I like the composition. I would say it was over-exposed. The whites seem to be blown. It seems as if it's been exposed for the darks on the underside of the tree trunk on the left. I think the histogram could have been pushed left and those dark areas then recovered in post-processing, with the lighter area not being pushed of the right hand end of the histogram.
    Hi Donald, this is the other shots of the river with the 20mm and from a different angle. The sun has just risen so the light is a bit soft and on an angle for the tighter shot.