Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hide and seek

Stockholm, Sweden (and sometimes Santiago de Cuba)
    Real Name
    Urban Domeij

Hide and seek

It's more than thirty years ago, a Kodachrome slide taken with the Olympus OM1 I had at that time. We were playing hide and seek, and my son found this grocery bag as a convenient hiding place. I thought of it when I saw the thread The value of family pictures

Hide and seek

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Hide and seek

Cute picture, Urban!

When my brother and I paired up to play hide-and-seek with our friends, we always won. That's because he lifted me into a safe that was the top part of a metal filing cabinet...and he always locked the safe. Nobody ever found me and we never told our parents about it until we were adults. I like your son's hiding place better because it's safer and required no partner.

Thanks also for the nod about the other thread!

Real Name
    Paul

Great memories your image brings back, Urban. I remember the days I was happiest given a big cardboard box to play in. I bet he gets a big grin while viewing this image. Unless you are showing a new girlfriend that is.

And Mike, glad you are still with us buddy! That's brotherly trust there! In my case, my brother hid in the drier.....once.....likely because when I found him I turned it on.

Stockholm, Sweden (and sometimes Santiago de Cuba)
    Real Name
    Urban Domeij

He did not always find safe places.

Once when we were in the harbour, visiting a friend of mine who had an old fishing boat that he was renovating, my son and his daughter went down to play hide and seek, and after a while he called to look for him. I went into the hold of the ship that was under work to become living quarters, and searched, but both of them were nowhere to find. Finally I told him that I couldn't find him, and asked him to come out.

A scraping sound from the inner planking revealed that they had hidden between the inner and outer plankings, each of them between different frames. The space is less than 10", and there was only a small slot close to the deck for ventilation left open by the inner planking. And they did have great problems getting out of there, particularly the girl. We did consider breaking up the planking to get her out.