Paul

early evening

c&c welcome
    early evening

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: early evening

Bootsy

My first reaction was, 'I want to see more of those clouds reflected on the water'. There's lovely colour in there, but, for me, there's not enough interest in the sky to justify such a lot of it in the image.

I don't know if you could have re-positioned yourself so that the focal point became the clouds and their reflection on the water. This one doesn't hold my interest in the same way as your 'later evening' posts.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Bootsy,

My first reaction was, 'what is the reflection made by?', the very strong, straight diagonal line looks 'impossible' to be the natural river(?) bank - except I think it is on closer inspection.

Then I wanted the tip of the dark triangle to be on the edge of frame to make more of the geometric shape, but I'm guessing it doesn't end as neatly as that in reality!

A thought provoking shot which I keep looking at trying to figure out, so well done.

I think it is one that many will have lots of different ideas on how it might be 'improved' though

I quite like the expanse of blue and the finishing shade at the top of frame, I suspect others may want to crop vigorously and make more of the sunset.

f16 for 25 seconds, so I guess a tripod was involved then.
    Where was it shot, I wouldn't have expected it to be that light round southern England at that time (21:27) yesterday?

Cheers,

Real Name
    Paul

the shot was taken at chain bridge,march Cambridgeshire.and yes the river bank is really that straight same as most rivers/drains are around here.i went out with only my 10-20 lens so when i position my camera i was standing on a bridge.trying to miss the road and posts to the right. and show the blue in the sky.you wouldn't believe it but whitemoor prison is in the distance on the river bank.