Comments Appreciated

This one work for anyone ?

And not forgetting ...

Real Name
    Jason

Re: This one work for anyone ?

Hi Jeff,

That landscape sure does work for me, it is excellent. The contrasting colours from foreground to background looks great.

Cheers

J

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Missing a horse or cart going down that path way.
    Yes I think it works.

Real Name
    Harry

Lanscape looks great to me

Real Name
    Gretchen

The Labrador is the winner in my book!

Real Name
    Tommy

I do like the landscape, but I'm not sure that I wouldn't like to see more of the distant landscape too. The leading lines of the road and the trees lead me into the image and there is not a whole lot to look at once I am there. Not sure if this is possible due to obstructions (trees) on the right of the road, but perhaps something to think about. It's still a very pleasing image, don;t get me wrong

As for the lab, he looks like a very beautiful dog! My only criticism of this would be that I would prefer to get lower down, almost on eye level with the dog. I always think that makes for a better image when dealing with animals, especially pets. We are so used to looking down on them, as we are generally bigger than them, and it is an angle we are very used to seeing them from. Going down to their level to take the shot makes them more dominant a subject and makes for a better image IMHO.

Thanks for posting these

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Hi Jeff, I'm not big on pet photos but the landscape is very nicely composed and works very well for me. Great colours and I love the way it leads my eye down the track as if I'm walking down it. Its like I'm there and that is hard to do. Excellent.

Jeff, the landscape is a beautiful photo, but perhaps you can do better IMHO
    as Tom said, the line of the road leads my eyes from the bottom-center to the right mid-top corner, but there is nothing very interesting there. perhaps a different framing can help to make the beautiful trees heavier
    hope this helps
    Nicola

Real Name
    Bobo

When you put a shot of your Lab along with a landscape, for me it will always be the Lab.

Here I will give the landscape one tick above the lab simply because you were too lazy to go down lower for a better perspective.

You can tell from the "this guy is never going to make me a subject in any of his otherwise lovely landscape shots" look in his eyes.

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Jeff, the landscape is a beautiful photo, but perhaps you can do better IMHO
    as Tom said, the line of the road leads my eyes from the bottom-center to the right mid-top corner, but there is nothing very interesting there. perhaps a different framing can help to make the beautiful trees heavier
    hope this helps
    Nicola
    Yes, helpful, thanks

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by RockNGoalStar View Post
    I do like the landscape, but I'm not sure that I wouldn't like to see more of the distant landscape too. The leading lines of the road and the trees lead me into the image and there is not a whole lot to look at once I am there. Not sure if this is possible due to obstructions (trees) on the right of the road, but perhaps something to think about. It's still a very pleasing image, don;t get me wrong

As for the lab, he looks like a very beautiful dog! My only criticism of this would be that I would prefer to get lower down, almost on eye level with the dog. I always think that makes for a better image when dealing with animals, especially pets. We are so used to looking down on them, as we are generally bigger than them, and it is an angle we are very used to seeing them from. Going down to their level to take the shot makes them more dominant a subject and makes for a better image IMHO.

Thanks for posting these
    Thanks for taking the time to offer a complete reply - most helpful - I've been trying to get something out of this scene for some time ... that day, I had just a 50mm on the camera (I like to restrict myself to just a 50 from time to time ) and this was as wide as it went, I'll have a go at a wider shot ...

As for Amelie - More like this perhaps ?

I really like the landscape. I can imagine a couple of hobbits setting off down that road to find adventure and excitement.

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    When you put a shot of your Lab along with a landscape, for me it will always be the Lab.

Here I will give the landscape one tick above the lab simply because you were too lazy to go down lower for a better perspective.

You can tell from the "this guy is never going to make me a subject in any of his otherwise lovely landscape shots" look in his eyes.
    Thanks Bobo

Real Name
    Gretchen

Jeff, I am in love with that girl! OMG!

Give lots of ear scratches from me!

(and I'm totally jealous of your ability to capture the solid color dog digitally!)