Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photoshop problem - Windows 8

Real Name
    Sam

Photoshop problem - Windows 8

Hi Guys

I have an issue since upgrading to Windows 8, and it's that no matter which Photoshop version I try, while looking at photo's through "Windows Photo Viewer" - if I open the same photo in Photoshop, the colours appear slightly different than they should.

I have created a small comparison, and have attached a screenshot. Basically, the Windows Photo Viewer box on the right is how the colours SHOULD appear, but in photoshop they appear with slightly less contrast which is not how it should be.

I have only encountered this problem since upgrading to Windows 8 operating system, and I have tried a few different versions of Photoshop but with the same results. I have also tried getting support from Adobe, and some friends who also have photoshop, by checking that our colour profiles match, etc.

You may not see the difference at all as the difference is very faint, but I know it's there, and as a Web and Graphic designer it's just simply not possible to ignore it.

Any help would be very much appreciated and I hope you can see what I'm point out.

Real Name
    Anton

Re: Photoshop problem - Windows 8

Not sure with Win8 but with Win7 if you use the monitor calibration tool it does cause problems with colour and certainly the speed of Windows Picture Viewer
    To fix this in Win7

Right Click Desktop -> Screen Resolution -> Advanced Settings -> Color Management -> Color Management -> Advanced -> Change System Defaults

Then click on the default profile (the one you are using now) and click Remove. The profile should have some string in it like 'calibrated'. Make sure the new default profile does not have the 'calibrated' string in it. When you click Remove you will probably note some change in the screen colors as another profile becomes the default.

It may be the same in Win8 but i cannot help as i am still using Win7

Real Name
    Alex

Hi Sam,

The difference is very small. It makes me think it could be due to the way the two systems are performing aliasing on resized images. Does this occur at 100% view?

Alex

Real Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by groovesection View Post
    Not sure with Win8 but with Win7 if you use the monitor calibration tool it does cause problems with colour and certainly the speed of Windows Picture Viewer
    To fix this in Win7

Right Click Desktop -> Screen Resolution -> Advanced Settings -> Color Management -> Color Management -> Advanced -> Change System Defaults

Then click on the default profile (the one you are using now) and click Remove. The profile should have some string in it like 'calibrated'. Make sure the new default profile does not have the 'calibrated' string in it. When you click Remove you will probably note some change in the screen colors as another profile becomes the default.

It may be the same in Win8 but i cannot help as i am still using Win7
    Anton, I had two profiles in there, I deleted both and it seems to have rectified the issue to around 99%. If I line the two comparisons up and eyedrop tool the exact same pixel, I'm getting about one letter of a difference in the hex code now whereas before there was a few letters changing. The difference is almost unnoticeable now. Still not 100% rectified it seems but definitely on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Hi Sam,

The difference is very small. It makes me think it could be due to the way the two systems are performing aliasing on resized images. Does this occur at 100% view?

Alex
    Hi Alex,

Yes it occurs at 100% magnification.

Real Name
    Sam

What it looks like now:

"I'm a photographer"
    "So what is it like working as an artists?"
    "Dunno, I spend all day fixing my computer"

Solved: Re: Photoshop problem - Windows 8

I have almost same problem specially understandable at photos;
    Win8 - ps cs6 - xfxf 5770 - connection dvi

please look at the screenshot; its really hard to work on photos and I dont want to back win7

After I do, groovesection told at win8 my problem is almost solved not 100 % same but we can tell %98 same

Very thanks
    Last edited by Ansolon; 4th December 2012 at 12:08 PM.