Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Topaz Remask

Real Name
    Richard

Topaz Remask

Has anyone tried Topaz Remask?

I really like Topaz Adjust and wonder what the general consensus is regarding Topaz Remask?

http://www.topazlabs.com/remask/howfast.php

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Topaz Remask

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Has anyone tried Topaz Remask?

I really like Topaz Adjust and wonder what the general consensus is regarding Topaz Remask?

http://www.topazlabs.com/remask/howfast.php
    I must confess that I haven't heard of it until now. It appears to be fast, but that's not important to me; Accuracy on the other hand ...

Wwhat I just saw looked OK, but hard to tell from a video clip. To be honest, one of my few gripes about Photoshop is it's relatively poor porformance at extracting fuzzy backgrounds.

I have heard of a few topaz products but don' know any users and I like to try stuff on their comps usually before I jump in the deep end and buy something blind. Looks interesting to me and it is something I could find useful on a daily basis to take out the tedium when blending photos into abstract backdrops etc.

I would agree with Colin on the I'm an accuracy over speed man myself BUT if something can get me close enough quickly then it means I can make minor tweaks manually with lasso, magnet select and pen and have a perfectly accurate mask in a shorter time and I'm all for time saving. If you get it I'd be interested in knowing how it performs.

Real Name
    Mike

Davey, you can download demos of most current plug-ins (including all of those from Topaz Labs), so you don't need to commit before purchasing.