Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Thirst quencher

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Thirst quencher

Took this last night. Trying out new Canon SX50 we bought. Hand held shot from around 500 metres, or there abouts, just before sundown just to try it. Setting was on Auto. Looks like this new Canon baby might have some potential as a good back up for quick captures for us non professionals.

Thanks for viewing and for any comments posted.

Thirst quencher

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Thirst quencher

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    Took this last night. Trying out new Canon SX50 we bought. Hand held shot from around 500 metres, or there abouts, just before sundown just to try it. Setting was on Auto. Looks like this new Canon baby might have some potential as a good back up for quick captures for us non professionals.

Thanks for viewing and for any comments posted.

So you both bought it but who controls it? That zoom range certainly looks useful. Nice roo shot. We only get the odd possum and Australian swamp hens around here - we call them Pukeko.

Real Name
    Bobo

Looks like the camera is going to be very popular especially with that kind of range. All Canon now needs to do is learn from the competition and make it a f2.8 across the entire zoom range.

Nice shot btw.

Real Name
    Kay

Really lovely colours

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Really well done Ken. I love the reflection. It adds so much more to the image.

If I were to be nit picking, I'd say perhaps clone out the nit on its back between the rear legs? But I won't!

I'm seeing more and more folks purchasing the Canon SX50 HS so you are definitely in good company. Now if I could just find a buyer for my Canon SX40 HS....