Thread: Oh-Oh . . . whatever next ?!

Real Name
    Ted

Oh-Oh . . . whatever next ?!

Post processing taken a little too far? (watch his shadow . . .)

You can read more here.
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 4th November 2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: better link

Real Name
    Glenn

Re: Oh-Oh . . . whatever next ?!

i like it but very

Real Name
    Frank Miller

If you have Photoshop you don't need to buy special software to do animated GIFs. The question is - is the image worth taking the time and effort to animate?

Real Name
    Ted

Well, yes but animated GIFs normally consist of whole images edited separately, then played in sequence. CoffeeCup's offering promises the means of animating just a part of an image, even though the end result is a GIF. I didn't really go any further than seeing their e-mail and posting the image out of interest, well, non-interest really. Can't see any use for it, myself.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I'd love to see a really interesting GIF and a comparison showing how and why CoffeeCup's approach is worth investing the time, money, and effort.

A well thought out realistic animated GIF can be both interesting and exciting to view. I'd like to see how they can simplify the process and still produce great images.

For example, what would it take with their package to produce something like Jamie Beck's images?

For more of Jamie's work see this link: http://www.amusingplanet.com/2011/04...otography.html

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    I'd love to see a really interesting GIF and a comparison showing how and why CoffeeCup's approach is worth investing the time, money, and effort.

A well thought out realistic animated GIF can be both interesting and exciting to view. I'd like to see how they can simplify the process and still produce great images.

For example, what would it take with their package to produce something like Jamie Beck's images?

For more of Jamie's work see this link: http://www.amusingplanet.com/2011/04...otography.html
    Now if you can add that to one of those electronic photo frames?

Real Name
    J stands for John

Animated gifs may normally comprise different whole frames but if you keep the required animation on [a] different layer[s] to the main picture is is easy enough. Time consuming though, last one I did got so big a file it didn't go When compressed the image looked horrible

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    I changed the link in the OP to a page that describes the application instead of taking you to a checkout page (a cheap trick that ensures I will never buy it). Looks like you can download a free trial and some example images.

The Coffee Cup offering looks made for the job though and, from the screen shot, it appears to have layers and video import capability. Said to work in frames, whatever that means . .

http://www.coffeecup.com/animation-studio/

Says it can do animated .png's too, which would make for more image quality.

Wow that Jamie Beck image is outstanding, hadn't seen her work before my post, or anything like it for that matter.
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 4th November 2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: cherchez la femme

Real Name
    Steve

Good halloween trick.