Real Name
    Brad

Caldo Verde

A green bowl of Portugese kale soup.

Caldo Verde

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Caldo Verde

I find that a very alluring image. I think it's a really well constructed still life.

The one thing I wonder about is cloning that highlight on the bowl at 10 o'clock.

Good work.

Real Name
    Brad

Thanks, Donald! I agree about that highlight, good idea. The other thing I wish I'd done is to nudge the bowl just a bit to the right, as it creates a bit of tension being off-centre from the vertical lines of the spaces between the boards. But maybe that tension helps make it more interesting.

The soup was really good, by the way ;-)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by bhurley View Post
    The other thing I wish I'd done is to nudge the bowl just a bit to the right, as it creates a bit of tension being off-centre from the vertical lines of the spaces between the boards.
    Maybe. But I think that would have made it too symmetrical. I like it just as it is.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

You are making me hungry Brad! All it needs is some Portuguese Chorico or Linguica to add a touch of spicy flavor!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by bhurley View Post
    The other thing I wish I'd done is to nudge the bowl just a bit to the right, as it creates a bit of tension being off-centre
    I've never seen tension described as being negative. Indeed, I like the tension that is created. I would actually like to see an image with the boards in the table being on a diagonal. But that might be because I'm a sucker for diagonals.

Donald mentioned that increased symmetry would not be good. I agree because symmetry often appears static, which in my mind is not good.