Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Reaching out to the old.

Real Name
    Raul or Gabriel

Reaching out to the old.

So one of these days at school, we had to go and visit old people and help them out and have fun w/ them. I brought my camera along for maybe some good shots. Please comment and suggest anything. Anything is appreciated.

The grandma that I had fun with. She's 82 But man can she still sing!
    Reaching out to the old.
    My Classmate along with his new buddy. I didnt notice the paper on the foreground until I was uploading. Sorry!
    Reaching out to the old.
    I think this was the man who was arranging all the books.
    Reaching out to the old.
    This is our Class President. Sir Lancelot. (Thats really his name!) He worked so hard to play that guitar. Hopefully he did good in his performance.
    Reaching out to the old.

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Reaching out to the old.

Hi Raul,

looks like you had a great time and took some nice images, I think a lot of these images are to tightly composed or cropped,the seem to be missing body parts! also you need to be a little more adventurous with your conversions the look a little grey to me and some more contrast and sharpening might help

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Personally, I don't find the crop too big an issue on several - there are certainly some busy/distracting background issues, but never the less, most work for me, especialy the winning smile of the singer (#1)

#3, with the old gent probably works least well for me, I can't see quite enough of the eyes and he's looking out of frame.

We make progress by practice and these were good practice, keep taking the camera with you Raul.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Raul or Gabriel

Thanks Mark and Dave. Oh and Dave, sorry about the background issues, the place was somewhat a mess when we got there and we only had 4 hours to spend our time with the elders.