Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lensless City

Real Name
    Peter

Lensless City

Appologies to Steve Gosling for the title. Taken at Canary Wharf with the Zero Image using Ilford Delta Pro film and processed in Lightroom 2

Dock Sculpture
    Lensless City

Underneath Heron Quay DLR Station
    Lensless City

Canada Square Plaza
    Lensless City

Re: Lensless City

So you took these with a pin-hole camera and scanned the negatives into Lightroom - is that right? Weird!

I sort of like them, the atmosphere created is quite unique once you get used to the lack of definition and clarity. Have you tried any other types of shot with it?

I liek the second pic alot...looks like the undercarriage of a space ship or someting...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Two things strike me Peter,

No EXIF - Grrr , would be nice know the exposure times required, and focal length + aperture

They still seem to show barrel type distortion - I dunno why I think this, but shouldn't this be absent?

I suppose you could argue the grain is all part of the film experience, but I'd run 'em through Neat Image and get rid of it

Interesting shots, thanks,

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    So you took these with a pin-hole camera and scanned the negatives into Lightroom - is that right? Weird!

Rob,

I sort of like them, the atmosphere created is quite unique once you get used to the lack of definition and clarity. Have you tried any other types of shot with it?
    Its actually a mixture of extreme depth of field and blur from objects/people who because of the long, in the case of the second shot 90 secs, exposure.

Yes, the negs were scanned in and then slightly adjusted for contrast and sharpened, although not as sharp as the actual prints.

I'm in the middle of shooting various locations in London as a project for the autumn, these are some preliminary shots to get used to the camera.

Peter