Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Serenity

Real Name
    Irene Eva

Serenity

This was a spontaneous shot. Out of the vehicle into the
    rain to capture this serene shot.
    comments please - as stated earlier i'm a learner.

Irene

Serenity
    Last edited by ied; 9th October 2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: no photo.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Serenity

Irene I can't see your image. Suggest you try loading again (in the same post ie Edit post).

Dave

OR Alternatively you may just need [ in front of the first IMG in the last line of your post.
    Last edited by dje; 9th October 2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Additional info supplied

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Serenity

Irene I see it now.

Firstly I'm glad you posted the image with a decent size (1600 pixels wide I believe). This brings up a good view of it when you click on the image (this opens it in Lightbox). A lot of people on this site post images that are a bit small IMO.

It's an interesting image in that the lens has been focussed on the foreground branches - this means that the rest of the scene (picnic table and lake etc) are slightly out of focus. A lot of people would probably take this shot differently eg with the table as the focus point. However I think what you've done actually works - my attention is drawn to the branches and the beautifully coloured leaves and the rest of the scene just provides a nice background. The branches and leaves are quite a dominant part of the image anyway and would probably be too strong to just "frame" the rest of the image.

The rain/mist does add a touch of serenity I think. Well done.

Dave